The demo data is included in the theme XML file, along with the theme package. You may use the demo data as “dummy” content for staging and configuration purpose only.
The XML file
To locate the XML file, you will need to unzip the theme zip file first. After unzipping, you see a folder labeled with the child theme name Creative. Open that folder and look for the XML folder. The xml file will be located inside this xml folder. The name of the file you need is theme_creative.xml.
Import the demo content
To import the demo content, follow these instructions:
- Log in to your site as administrator.
- Go to Tools > Import in the blog’s admin panel.
- Choose ‘WordPress’ from the list.
- Upload the .xml file using the form provided on that page.
- First, you will be asked to map the authors in this export file to a new or an existing user.
- Then, WordPress will import all posts, comments and categories included in this file into you site.
Install WooCommerce demo content
As of version 1.5.3, the plugin comes bundled with dummy data. This dummy data can be imported to instantly give you a working store with products to test different WooCommerce features.
Dummy data for WooCommerce is located in a file called dummy-data.xml, which is located in the WooCommerce plugin directory. Once WooCommerce is installed, there are two ways to find it:
- Use your cPanel or FTP, go to wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/dummy-data and locate the dummy-data.xml file.
- Unpack or unzip the WooCommerce .zip file.
From the WordPress admin, go to Tools > Import and select the WordPress link. Click ‘Choose a file from your computer’ and select the dummy-data.xml file.